The Centro Associazioni Culturali Fiorentine began in Florence in 1996 with a project by Raffaello Torricelli to develop and strengthen coordination between associations working in the field of culture in Florence and its surrounding area.
It is a non-profit organisation aimed at making an important cultural and social contribution to the knowledge and preservation of a priceless human heritage.
There are currently 30 member associations.
As part of its coordination of activities for its member associations, the Centro Associazioni Culturali Fiorentine:
- promotes awareness of the cultural activities of the various associations;
- promotes events of common interest to its member associations;
- supports the needs expressed by its member associations in regard to public institutions in order to obtain necessary provisions;
- promotes computerised systems in the field of culture in sectors in which the member associations are involved.
Its further objectives are:
- to promote the knowledge, protection and promotion of artistic and cultural heritage through the organisation of various types of cultural activities and events;
- to contribute to increasing public awareness of and participation in issues affecting cultural assets, by means that include debates and conferences;
- to foster cultural exchange and knowledge of different cultures;
- to promote scholarships on topics of particular interest.
Board of Directors
The current Board of Directors is composed of:
- Antonia Ida Fontana
- Massimo Conti Donzelli
- Vice chairman
- Sandra Buyet, Ivana Ceccherini, Laura Felici, Giovanni Fossi, Vittorio Gasparrini, Sebastiano Giaquinto, Claudio Tongiani, Andrea Torricelli, Maria Rosa Zorzi
- Board members
- Divo Savelli
- Honorary chairman
Download the regulations in PDF format
The Centre's activities are made possible by the contribution of the Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze
Martedi 2 August
10:00 AM - Akropolis
Visita guidata di Giovanni Straffi al Cenacolo di Andrea del Castagno nell'ex monastero di Sant'Apollonia
Friday 5 August
10:00 AM - Akropolis
Visita guidata di Lara Mercanti a Villa Demidoff